At a given time certain issues become controversial in the church. Calvary Chapel East Anaheim feels it necessary to take a stand in the following areas:
We hold to…
- the continuance today of the diversities of spiritual gifts found in l Cor. 12:4-11.
- simplicity in church government, rather than a complex bureaucracy.
- a dependence upon the Holy Spirit to lead rather than fleshly promotion.
- the pre-millennial, pre-tribulational return of Christ for His waiting church.
- the teaching of the Word of God in such a way that it can be applied to life as beneficial towards a growing maturity.
- the teaching of “positive confession”.
- the belief that true Christians can be possessed by demons.
- “dominion theology.”
- a fatalistic Calvinistic view, which allows no room for free will.
- prophesy that supersedes Biblical revelation.
- the incorporation of humanistic psychology and philosophy into biblical teaching.
- “Charismania” (the over-emphasis upon spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders, etc.)
- The teaching that you must speak with tongues to be spirit filled or saved.
- The seeking after experiences not clearly taught in Scripture including being “slain in the Spirit”, “Laughing in the Spirit”, etc.
- The view that God wills all to be healed and or that sickness is always a result of personal sin. We also reject the teaching that a failure to be healed is only caused by a lack of faith.